Friday, June 11, 2010

Critical Praxis and my Summer Experience

So this summer I've decided that each week I will relate some of my mission experience with a favourite theorist, theories or theologians. Here is my tentative schedule for the next 8 weeks.

Week One - Service Sites, Institutions and Youth - engaging with Ivan Illich
Week Two - the Church and the Churches - ecclesiology, Christian non-profits and A missional ecclesiology - Darrell Guder
Week Three - Justice, prophetic action and leftist politics - Walter Brueggemann
Week Four - new friends at sites and the other - a little riff on Emmanuel Levinas
Week Five - the Story I find myself in - Narrative Theology
Week Six - the ideologies of missions trips - Marxist theory
Week Seven - finding meaning in service through Language - Derrida
Week Eight - the last week - I'm reading Moltmann this summer and I want to end with his eschatological ideas (to be fecisious)

No comments:

Post a Comment