Sunday, September 20, 2009

This space

So I have decided to use this space for my Literature class as well, which means I will be blogging mainly on the five texts I choose tomorrow morning for class. I have no idea what they will be but I am hopeful that somehow these texts will inspire thought and interest in me, if not you the hypothetical reader (if one exists at all..).

Anyways I am sort of afraid that I will look at the text in some uber-philosophical matrix, a hybrid of various continental philosophies picked up through reading and some narrative theology. I am afraid because this is a very specific way of reading, and I wish to have a broader way of reading texts.

I've been thinking I can also read it through the lens of ethics: what ethical maxims is the text setting up and/or tearing down? I think this would be a very interesting way to read the text and some will produce some very provocative ethical and political insight or idea that might make a great conversation starter.

Isaiah

No comments:

Post a Comment