Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Liberation from Illusion

Awesome post over at the de-scribe.

I've been struggling over the idea of the preferential option for the poor. I neither want to reject which I believe is unbiblical, nor accept it uncritically. I've been trying to articulate in my own mind for quite some time the relationship between justice and spirituality in a non-oppositional way. I think this begins to to do so.

One of the reasons I named this blog consumer liberation theology is out of the realization that yes hate poverty and systemic
injustice but do we really want to raise people to be consumers (in the case of economic liberation theology) or the various power issues white men have (in regards to other liberation theologies of gender,race and colonialism).

No comments:

Post a Comment